|As in the past several years, Kerala Forest Department (KFD) is conducting Wildlife Photography contest for the general public of India, in connection with the Wildlife Week Celebrations - 2021.
Terms & Conditions of the Contest
By participating in the Wildlife Photography Contest 2021, the applicants/contestants agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Failure to abide by these terms and conditions may render a contestant ineligible for the competition.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open to any Indian citizen irrespective of their age. Employees and associates of Kerala Forest Department (KFD) which includes the staff of KFD and its subsidiaries and affiliates and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and contestant represents and warrants that contestant meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, contestant agree to accept the decisions of KFD represented by the Chief Wildlife Warden, Kerala as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries for the Wildlife Photography Contest 2021 will be accepted from Wednesday, September 15, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. IST to Thrusday, September 30, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. IST. Late entries will be not be accepted.
- How to participate: There is no entry fee for the contest. The contest must be entered by submitting online only through the link Wildlife Photography Contest 2021 in the official website of Kerala Forest Department www.forest.kerala.gov.in. Entries by any other means will be summarily rejected. Contestants shall duly fill the prescribed application form online in the website of the KFD www.forest.kerala.gov.in. The entries should meet all the Technical specifications as mentioned in clause 7 (Serial number 7) below. If contestant uses any fraudulent method or otherwise attempt to circumvent the terms and conditions, the entry shall be disqualified at the sole discretion of KFD.
- Theme of the Contest: The entries shall be on Nature and Wildlife photographed in the State of Kerala.
- Entry limits: Each participant will be allowed to submit a maximum of five entries in this contest.
- Technical specifications of the Photograph entry:
1. All entries submitted online are to be in JPEG format.
2. Size: All photos uploaded must be of 8 Megabytes or smaller.
3. Resolution: With a minimum of 3000 pixels on the longer side.
4. Only standard optimization of image is allowed (standard optimization means adjusting colour, contrast, sharpening, brightness, dust removal and small amount of cropping), any kind of manipulation that alters the truthfulness of the original image would lead to disqualification.
- Scrutiny of Photography entries: The photos received during the Contest Period (from September 15, 2021, at 10:00 a.m IST to September 30, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. IST) and found otherwise in order (with duly filled in prescribed application form) will be scrutinized on October 1st to 7th 2021, by the Nodal Officer for the Wildlife Photography Contest 2021. The photos submitted after 5:00 pm on 30th September 2021 will not be accepted and will be rejected without providing any reason whatsoever.
- Selection of Winners and Notification: The entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges (Jury). The Judges will be eminent personalities with rich experience in wildlife videography/photography. The Jury’s decisions are final and binding and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the judging process or any outcomes reached. Winners will be notified by email and/or telephone on Friday the 8th of October 2021. The Kerala Forest Department shall have no liability for the Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s providing with incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
- Prizes: The First, Second and Third prize winners will be awarded a Cash Prize of Rs. 20000, 10000 and 6000 respectively (subject to pending Govt, orders), along with a Certificate of Recognition. In addition, Certificates of Merit will be awarded to ten entries as a consolation prize. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all Central, State, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the KFD to use Winner’s name, and entry for purposes of advertising without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Rights Granted by Contestant: By participating in the Contest, contestant understand and agree that KFD or anyone acting on behalf of the KFD, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without limitation, the entry, name, video, informationfor advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By participating in the Contest, contestant represents and warrants that the entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If the entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, contestant will be disqualified at the sole discretion of KFD. If the content of the entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, contestant shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. Contestant shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless KFD from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which KFD may incur, suffer, or be required to pay to arise out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Other Terms & Conditions: KFD reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Images that have been submitted for the Wildlife Photography contest in the previous years are ineligible. Photographs that involve the willful harassment of wildlife or damage to the forest will be rejected without providing any reason and the same may attract the provisions of relevant Acts and Rules in force, in case the same is found to be a violation of the said Acts and Rules. The KFD reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violates these Terms & Conditions.
- Disputes: The decision of the Jury will be final.