An internship is an opportunity for a student to secure first hand and practical work experience under the guidance of a qualified and experienced Supervisor/Mentor. It also aims at active participation in the learning process through experimentation and putting into practice the knowledge acquired in the classrooms. The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology is engaged in electronic development through e-Infrastructure creation to facilitate and promote (1) e-governance (2) Promotion of electronics hardware manufacturing and Information Technology & IT Enabled Services (IT-ITeS) Industry (3) Providing Support for creation of Innovation Infrastructure in emerging areas of technology (4) Providing support for development of e-Skills and Knowledge network and (5) Securing India's cyber space. For the larger benefit of the student community and with a view to enrich the management/implementation of its various schemes/programmes, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has decided to notify these “Internship Guidelines”, to provide a framework for engagement of Interns for a limited period.
- Indian students from recognized universities in India who have secured at least 60% marks in the last held degree or certificate examination and:-
pursuing B.Tech/B.E., and are in the 2nd/3rd year of the 10+2+4 pattern of education,OR
- pursuing integrated degree course or dual degree (B.E./B.Tech, M.E./M.Tech.) and are in the 4th/5th year of the 10+2+5 pattern of education.
- Possessing minimum qualifications as above shall not guarantee internship in this Ministry. Candidates having exposure in the area of intended internship with good academic background and having higher qualification, based on need shall be given preference
Duration of Internship
Internship would be offered two times in a year i.e. summer Internship during May and June and winter Internship during December and January. The minimum duration of internship shall be of two months, extendable up to three months, depending on the performance of the candidate, requirement of the Ministry and time the Intern is willing to spend with the Ministry
How to Apply
- Register yourself as an applicant (if not already registered).
- Click on Apply for Service or Login
- Enter User Name, Password and Captcha code given and click on Submit.
- Once logged in, on the left menu click on Apply for services and then click on View services
- Click on 'Apply'
The Interns will be shortlisted and selected by the respective organisations/Groups/Divisions for their concerned domain.
(i) For selection of interns, personal or Skype Interview, may be conducted, if deemed necessary. No TA / DA shall be paid to candidates for attending the personal interview.
(ii) List of selected candidates would be displayed on the web portal
Every batch of Interns or individual Interns, as the case may be, will have a Scientific/Technical Project Supervisor/Mentor from the Ministry.
(ii) The internship is neither an employment nor an assurance of an employment with the Ministry
A token remuneration of Rs.10,000/- per month would be paid to an Intern, subject to satisfactory performance, duly certified by his Supervisor/Mentor.
(i) The remuneration shall be paid after the completion of internship on submission of Report duly accepted by this Ministry.
Certificate of Internship
Certificates will be issued by the Ministry to the Interns on the completion of internship and submission of Report duly countersigned and accepted by the Competent Authority.